Linkurious is looking for a Lead UX/UI designer
Linkurious is a start-up based in Paris that develops graph data visualization and analysis software. It has notably enabled ICIJ to uncover the Panama Papers scandal. Our small team helps organizations like NASA or the French Ministry of Finances solve of today’s most complex data challenges including fraud detection, cybersecurity or medical research.
Your role is to help our users get their jobs done the most effective way possible with our software through good user interfaces. Your responsibilities will include:
- You help research the problems our users try to solve and find design solutions to help them achieve their desired outcomes.
- UX research: you setup the research methods in collaboration with the Product Manager (interview protocol, usability testing, feedback analysis) ; participate in the analysis of user tasks (needs, performance, frictions, etc.) and produce recommendations.
- UX design: you produce prototypes and find ways to validate your design hypotheses.
- UI design: you define the visual language of the user interface, the rules of user interaction, and the style guides.You create and maintain consistency across our products.
- You are responsible for the design processes of our products: you improve the toolchain and the collaboration protocol with the engineers, supporting them with the needed artefacts (specs, wireframes, etc.).
- Communication: you contribute to the user manual and training materials. You use and promote the Linkurious brand.
- You keep yourself up-to-date with UX best practices.
- You learn and improve your knowledge in visual data analysis (e.g. Tukey, Bertin, Munzner, Heer, Shneiderman) and follow state-of-the-art methods and techniques in graph visualization and analysis (e.g. GraphDrawing conference).
- Excellent understanding of UX/UI principles in a Web environment.
- Applied knowledge in HCI, usability, and cognitive psychology (e.g. mental models, metaphors, affordances).
- Strong interest in data visualization.
- You master design and prototyping tools.
- Team player.
- Basic understanding of software engineering workflows.
- Excellent communication in French and English.
- (it would be a plus:) You have a software in production related to data visualization.
- (it would be a plus:) You know how to use data to orient your design. Or at least you are willing to learn.
- You have a test & learn mindset.
- You are relentlessly looking for problems and better solutions.
- You are detail-oriented and you anticipate edge-case scenarios.
- You value your craftsmanship and you are constantly looking for ways to improve.
Notice that we are NOT looking for a graphics/visual designer.
Linkurious is a French graph intelligence startup. For fraud detection, medical research, or network management, companies need to understand the connections within their data. With Linkurious, it is now possible to search, to explore, and to visualize graph data easily in a collaborative manner to speed up investigations. Our technology helps some of the most innovative organizations understand the connections in their data and unlock the value of graphs.
Linkurious is already helping customers like Ebay, Cisco, or the French Ministry of Finances to extract insights from their graph data. Recently the International Consortium for Investigative Journalism (ICIJ) used Linkurious Enterprise to uncover the Panama Papers scandal, the biggest data leak investigation in history.